Current Openings: Two job opening at this time!
- POSITION TITLE: Mobile Grocery Store Driver/Manager
POSITION STATUS: Full Time, 40 hrs/wk, Non Exempt
PROGRAM: CHOW/Broome Bounty
SUPERVISOR: CHOW® Director
PURPOSE OF POSITION: Receives general supervision. Manages the stocking, transportation and operation of the Mobile Grocery store. Drives bus from site to site throughout Broome County.
- Drive the Mobile Grocery Store (a full size school bus) from site to site.
- Maintain a clean and sanitary shopping environment for customers of the Mobile Grocery Store.
- Greet customers; answer any questions they may have.
- Manage sales transactions
- Assure bus is properly stocked with healthy food options at all times.
- Conduct regular inventories of product.
- Adjust prices of items as necessary with permission of CHOW® Director.
- Maintain accurate records of each site (People served, items sold, profits, etc.)
- Assure Mobile Grocery store is in full compliance with state and federal regulations at all times.
- Other duties as assigned.
Ability to sit and stand for long periods of time. Must possess superb organizational skills. Ability to accurately count money is imperative. Must have experience with customer service. Must be able to lift at least 30 pounds.
Work settings will include office, warehouse and mobile grocery store sites throughout Broome County.
- Completing the orientation process, learning about the Council’s programs, community partners and how they relate to identified community needs.
- Collaboration/ Working side-by-side with program directors’ in all phases of our annual events to improve community recognition and expand support for the Council’s programming.
- The creation and distribution of written appeals, newsletters and grants to provide education and financial support for programming.
- Assisting with the recruitment , orientation and supervision of volunteers to support the Council’s work in Broome County.
More VISTA openings: https://sites.google.com/a/rhnscny.org/americorps-rhsc/rhsc-alum/vista
BC Council of Churches has received the prestigious Charity Navigator 4-star rating for sound fiscal management & commitment to accountability & transparency. Click here to view full rating.