Current Openings: One job opening at this time!
- FIAV Program Assistant
EFFECTIVE DATE: 8/1/2018
POSITION TITLE: Program Assistant
POSITION STATUS: Part-time – 20 hrs/wk; scheduling dependent on work load and calendar proximity to events; Non-exempt
PROGRAM: Faith in Action Volunteers (FIAV)
SUPERVISOR: FIAV Program Director
PURPOSE OF POSITION: Receives general supervision. Supports the smooth operation of Faith in Action by coordinating the Shopper Program and assisting with both Faith in Action and Ramp It Up office administration. Provides organizational and operational support in the development and execution of fundraising events for Faith in Action programming.
- Assist with the general operation of the FIAV offices:
- Co-ordinate volunteers for program services
- Answer questions regarding program services on the phone and by email accurately and professionally
- Conduct FIAV new client phone intake interviews
- Prepare mailings and emails to clients, volunteers and sponsors related to programing and events
- Enter information into data base and generate reports
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date records and files
- Support the scheduling office as needed by answering the phone, taking messages and adding appointments to the data base.
- Assist with fundraising events by attending committee meetings, coordinating venues and sponsors and assisting in preparation of printed event materials
- Prepare meeting agendas and meeting minutes
- Other duties as assigned
Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Organization and the ability to meet multiple concurrent deadlines
- Capable of working independently or as part of a team, demonstrating flexibility, adaptability and dependability
- Outstanding customer service and professionalism at all times
- Detail-oriented with the ability to balance several tasks at one time
- Must be able to think and respond quickly to offer solutions to problems/issues in an efficient manner
- Strong computer skills, including, but not limited to: Outlook, Word, Excel, Publisher
- Valid NYS drivers license desirable
Office setting with occasional event locations. When required, needs to be able to spend significant amounts of time at a desk on the computer or telephone.
people served in 2018
BC Council of Churches has received the prestigious Charity Navigator 4-star rating for sound fiscal management & commitment to accountability & transparency. Click here to view full rating.