Community Service Opportunities
How to Serve Your Community:
- Fill out our Community Service Application or call the Council at 607-724-9130
- Make sure you have enough time to devote to fulfill the hours you need to serve.
- Fill out our Volunteer Liability Release Form. Mail both forms to: Broome County Council of Churches, 3 Otseningo St, Binghamton, NY 13903 or fax to (607) 771-0468.
- Meet with one of our staff members to make a schedule for the times and days you can serve.
- Sign in and out every time you work at the Council.
- When your time is served, we will write a letter stating the time served.
Remember you can always continue to volunteer after your time is up!
Possible Tasks While Serving:
- Administrative Work
- Gardening / Landscaping
- Other tasks as needed
Rules and Regulations
- Please provide 24 hours notice prior to starting.
- Behave in a professional manner at all times.
- You must wear closed-toe shoes. No sandals or flip-flops.
- No shorts.
- No cell phone use unless you are on a scheduled break or it is an emergency.
- Observe all safety regulations.
- Call in if you are not able to serve on a day that you are scheduled.
- Sexual harassment and other unlawful discrimination will not be tolerated.
View our Community Service Brochure here.